Better Touch Better Business
We all know that the common types of touch screens are resistive touch screens, capacitive touch screens, infrared touch screens, electromagnetic touch screens, and the most common types are resistive touch screens and capacitive touch screens. When does your device need to be installed with a touch screen, which one should you choose? What is the difference between the two? TopOneTech will let you know.
Capacitive touch screens and resistive touch screens mainly differ in touch sensitivity, accuracy, cost, multi-touch feasibility, damage resistance, cleanliness, and visibility under sunlight.
1. Resistive touch screen: pressure is required to make contact with each layer of the screen, you can use your fingers (even if you wear gloves), nails, stylus, etc. to operate. The use of a stylus is very popular in the Asian market, where gesture and text recognition is valued.
2. Capacitive touch screen: Human fingers are electrostatically charged. Even the slightest touch on the surface of the finger can activate the capacitive sensing system at the bottom of the screen. Non-living objects and objects that do not generate static electricity have no effect on the touch screen.
1. Resistive touch screen: The accuracy is relatively low, and the accuracy will gradually decrease over time.
2. Capacitive touch screen: With high accuracy, many new applications can be created, such as virtual keyboards and handwriting recognition without a stylus.
1. Resistive touch screen: the price is relatively low.
2. Capacitive touch screens: Capacitive screens from different manufacturers are 10% to 50% more expensive than resistive screens. With the improvement of technology, this additional cost is definitely the most cost-effective for flagship products.
1. Resistive touch screen: Multi-point touch is not allowed.
2. Capacitive touch screen: It can support single-point touch and multi-point touch. Ten-finger touch has been very normal now.
1.Resistive touch screen: The fundamental characteristics of the resistive screen determine that its top is soft and needs to be able to be pressed down. This makes the screen have a higher chance of scratches. Resistive screens require a protective film and relatively more frequent calibration. The advantage is that the resistive touch screen device using the plastic layer is generally less vulnerable to damage and less likely to be broken.
2. Capacitive touch screen: the outer layer can use glass. It is usually tempered glass, which is scratch-resistant and drop-resistant, and also provides a good protection against daily rubbing and stains.
Visible effect in the sun
1. Resistive touch screen: usually bad, the extra screen layer reflects a lot of sunlight.
2. Capacitive touch screen: Use the current induction of the human body to work. The capacitive touch screen is a four-layer composite glass screen. The inner surface and the interlayer of the glass screen are each coated with a layer of ITO (coated conductive glass). The outermost layer is a thin layer of silica glass protective layer, and the ITO coating is used as the working surface. , Four electrodes are drawn on the four corners, and the inner ITO is a shielding layer to ensure a good working environment.
In summary, we can find that the capacitive touch screen is undoubtedly a better choice. Its performance basically includes that of the resistive touch screen, and it can also perform functions that the resistive touch screen does not have. For capacitive touch screens, when a finger touches the metal layer, the electric field of the human body, the user, and the surface of the touch screen form a coupling capacitor. For high-frequency currents, the capacitor is a direct conductor, so the finger sucks current from the contact point. This current flows out from the electrodes on the four corners of the touch screen, and the current flowing through these four electrodes is proportional to the distance from the finger to the four corners. The controller calculates the ratio of these four currents to get the touch point.
With the improvement of capacitive touch technology, mass production continues to increase, and the cost is further reduced. Therefore, capacitive touch screens have become the choice of more customers because of its precise positioning, easier support for multi-touch, and high cost performance.
Hello, please leave your name and email here before chat online so that we won't miss your message and contact you smoothly.